This is the first nomination of any kind of award for this blog and so I’d like to thank The Recipe Hunter (Cook & Enjoy) for the recognition. I’m still pretty green when it comes to anything about blogging besides posting, so here is my attempt at following the protocol of this new award.
- Put the above award logo/image on your blog
- List the rules
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog (it can be to the post in which they nominated you or any other post or you can even link to their “About” page)
- Mention the creator of the award and please provide a link to The Recipe Hunter (Cook & Enjoy) as I would love to meet you!
- Write a post to show your award
- Share a link to your best post(s)
- Share 3 interesting and different facts about yourself
- Nominate 5-10 fellow bloggers, or more if you wish
- Comment on each blog and let them know you have nominated them and provide the link to the post you created.
As far as my “best” posts, here are my top 3:
- Grandma’s Baked Haddock
- Buying Seafood’s Lobster Pie
- And of course I can’t omit a shameless plug for my new historic seafood cookbook: From Head To Tale.
3 Facts About Myself
- Besides blogging about seafood, I’m a local historian that focuses on Cape Ann and New England fishing history. I work for the Essex Shipbuilding Museum, in a town that launched four-thousand wooden vessels…and counting.
- I am from Sicilian heritage and grew up just across the street from Gloucester’s Italian fishing fleet. During my backpacking adventures through Europe, I spent several weeks in Italy and used that experience as a writer and editor for Life in Italy.com.
- My wife and I still live in our hometown of Gloucester and have a six year old Minecraft-obsessed son.
Again a big thanks to The Recipe Hunter (Cook & Enjoy) who created the award. And good luck to all the nominees!